Friday, October 5, 2012

Disease on My Sleeve

So there's something I've been wanting to share with you for a while now. It was the Big Thing I was mentioning in posts earlier this year, and now I can finally tell you about it.
I am beyond excited to get to share with you this amazing project that I am a part of.
It's called Disease on my Sleeve. It's a group of 10 individuals, including myself, who want to work together to raise awareness for invisible illnesses. So every once you're going to be hearing from me, and you're also going to hear from friends of mine about their journies.
Of course, this community wouldn't work without people like you reading the blog.
So if you have some extra time, go over and check out the DS site.
I am so excited for something like this to finally have happened - a place where teens with illnesses (And not just invisible or chronic ones!) to come and get support and hear they're not alone. Before I was diagnosed, and even now, I really needed something like this, and now I am so grateful I get to be a part of this for other people out there who are searching and struggling and thinking they're alone. Anyway, go check it out, I promise you it's pretty great
http://www.diseaseonmysleeve.org/

No comments: