Monday, January 14, 2013

Green Juice

I'm sitting here, drinking my cup of green juice (It's not as bad as it sounds, trust me!)
One week ago I started drinking this juice every morning, as well as eating a more alkaline, plant based diet.
It's been pretty amazing. I have energy, I'm happy (My family jokingly calls my green juice my happy juice) and I just feel better.
I got a new juicer yesterday and I'm loving it!
I'm just excited about finding out about this stuff and feeling better and feeling good again. When you're sick for a long time it feels weird to actually have energy and be able to do stuff again.
Being in control of what I eat has helped me a lot too, I think. Being able to throw some veggies in a juicer or mix up a salad has helped me feel in control which is something you don't get a whole lot of when you're sick and your whole life is determined by what the doctor's need from you and what your body needs from you.
It's amazing, and I feel amazing, and I'm happy and excited and feeling great.

This is the green juice recipe I made this morning (Minus the pear)

No comments: