Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I have this friend

I have this friend and while she would tell you she isn't anything extraordinary I think everything about her is extraordinary. She's one of the most amazing people I have ever met. She is a kindred spirit, one of my best friends, and an amazing girl I have the honor of knowing.
She is fierce and passionate. She shares my favorite book. She makes me laugh, but sometimes we cry together too. I didn't know if I would ever find a friendship like this, or if a friendship like this even existed, and I am so blessed to have found it. And I am continually blessed by this amazing girl.
She makes me want to see myself the way she sees me. She makes me want to be better. She inspires me to keep fighting, to keep living. She makes me want to believe in myself the way that she believes in me.
And she wrote this thing for me, about me, and when I first read it it took my breath away.

http://www.diseaseonmysleeve.org/post/41889858584/forafriend

No comments: