Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just Say Thank You

"I don't try to figure it all out. When I'm in trouble, I just say, "Please God." And when He shows up, I just say, "Thank you."

I find it comforting, knowing that I don't have to have the words. I like knowing that God knows my heart and He doesn't need me to try and explain it. I find peace in the fact that I am never alone in what I am going through. I might not be able to explain how I'm feeling, and that's ok. God get's that, and He knows my heart. All I have to say is "Please God." He knows what I'm talking about. He knows exactly what I mean when I say those two simple words. God will just show up and do His God thing. All I have to say is please. When God shows up, like He promises He will, I just say "Thank you." Those simple words are all I have to say.
I've been through one of those situations recently. I had no words, and I didn't know how to express what I was feeling. So I said, "Please God." I said "Please," And waited for God to show up. And He did. He showed up and did things I could have never hoped for. I heard His voice, Felt His arms holding me up and giving me strength. I didn't have to do this anymore. I could let God do His thing, and find comfort in knowing that, whatever happened, it would be for the best. God knows the plans He has for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future. He knows what I need, what I want, and what's best for me. and He loves me. He's not going to let something happen that's not part of His big plan for my life. When I finally got the answers, I said "Thank you." I was amazed, yet again, by how God had worked His power in my life. When I didn't know, He did. When I wasn't sure, He was. When I was confused and wondering, God knew.
So I challenge you
next time you have no words, say please, and wait for God to show up. And when He does, which He will, just say Thank you. That's all you need to do, keep saying please and thank-you.
Funny that what your mother taught you when you were little would work for more then just being polite.

No comments: