Wednesday, October 12, 2011

And yet...

I guess it's time to let everyone know what's going on.
As you all know, I went to see the very funny GI doctor on Thursday. Here's the scoop:
On November 6, I go in for prep. I am on IV's and will be taking meds that will make me very sick.
On November 7, I go in for a gastroscopy, a colonoscopy and a bunch of biopsies. (Thank goodness for Anesthesia.)
Before all of this takes place, I will need to get a bunch of more tests done at the lab here.
I've been in shut down mode for a few days now. I don't understand why something that I wanted for so long has the power to scare me to death. I don't understand why it hurts like it does. I don't understand... and I hate that. I hate not knowing, I hate the fear that lurks around in the shadows of the unknown.
And yet... I will blindly follow into the land of the unknown. I will trust in a God who knows the plans He has for me, and that those plans are good. I believe that He will never leave me alone as I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death.

4 comments:

Talia said...

Oh my goodness. I will pray for you, Alisha. God will never leave you nor forsake you.

Jocelyn said...

its crazy how much faith you have! you are defenitly an inspiration! <3

Talia said...

I agree...i love ur blog alisha. It is so honest and true and faithful

Trinka said...

Aww..I just found your blog from Talia, and I will sooo be following. I'm prayin for ya girl!!