Thursday, April 26, 2012

Resilient.

I woke up this morning wanting to watch this video.


 It reminded me that I am resilient.
It's ok if I never get out of my sweats and a tee shirt today.
It's ok if I only make it half way through a day of school before needing to curl up with a cup of tea and some Private Practice.
It's ok if last night my mind was racing and I was wondering how I'm going to manage school, and what I'm going to do after school and what I'm going to do with my life, because there's a good chance I'll still be sick, and that would change everything.
It's ok if I can barely focus on my math this week because my brain is absolutely fried and I can't think logically about anything much less calculus.
It's ok... because I got out of bed this morning.
It's ok because, this morning, I opened my eyes and got dressed and did my spanish assignment and an english assignment. I did that.
It's ok that I'm not having that great of a week, because I'm getting through today, and who knows what tomorrow might bring ~ if I'll feel better tomorrow.
It's ok... because I'm here. I'm here and I'm still breathing and I'm still trying and doing what I can.
I'm resilient. Just for today, I'm going to let myself believe it, to not try and argue it. I am resilient.
Everything will be ok.

No comments: