Monday, June 20, 2011

I am....

Procrastinating. We're leaving for town in just over an hour, and I still have math to do, which I do not want to do, so I am procrastinating, hoping that, just maybe, I won't have enough time and will have to wait until tomorrow. It's not a very smart plan, but it's true.
For Father's day yesterday, (If you missed the pic of my dad and cute little adorable me that I posted yesterday, go check it out. I'm pretty cute :) We went to see Kung Foo Panda 2. Besides making me have an insatisfiable craving for chinese food, it was good. It was in 3D, and I'm not a huge fan of 3D, but the movie was still good. There was a lot of good quotes, sort of made me wish that I could have had my notebook and been able to write stuff down in the dark. Sadly, I do not have that super power, and I forgot to bring a notebook.
And... in case you were looking for a book to read this summer, here's my second pick for the summer reading list. It is... Motercycles, Sushi and One Strange Book by author Nancy Rue. I did a review on it last summer, as part of a book tour. For some reason it's not letting me post the link, but if you want to check it out, it's from August of last year, titled Motercycles, Sushi and One Strange Book, and it's also under reviews. I'll add reviews to the label of this post, and then if you click on that you should be able to see all the reviews. I hope. I'm reading it again, because I am so in love with it. If I had to pick a favorite book, like an all time top favorite, this one would definatly be in the running. So check it out.
And... I probably should stop procrastinating and at least get SOME work done before we leave.

'A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat's never trying'

4 comments:

Talia said...

Kung Fu Panda was such a good movie. I want to read that Nancy Rue series. She is a GREAT author!
talk to you later.
<3 Talia

Alyson Schroll said...

My family wants to see that movie, but with 8 people it gets expensive.

Sylvi! ♫ said...

Sounds cool! I haven't watched that movie yet :( because tomorrow (really early in the morning) we're traveling to a city like 5 or 6 hours from here, but some time this week we'll probably watch it. :)

Kisses,
Sylvi!

Sylvi! ♫ said...

Sorry, I meant "cool" =P