Monday, November 14, 2011

28056 ~ Pro Life Forum

For NaNoWriMo this year, I've been involved in the forums. It's a great way to get support in my writing journey, and I've met a few really great other young Christian writers.
One of the forums I've become involved in this year is a Pro-Life forum. Since the theme of my book has to do with Pro-life, I was hoping to get a new perspective and just some ideas on where to go with my novel.
Our conversation is on abortion. The main question we've been on was "If abortion murder?" But we've expanded on to when the baby becomes an actual person and the mother's choice.
It's been a tough forum. I've been listening to every side, weighing in and offering my opinion in a non-judgemental sort of way. It's hard, to honestly believe something with your whole heart, and have other people against you, and to offer your opinion and beliefs in a non-judgemental way.
Why is the baby considered more of a human at 20 weeks then it was at 19? Why is a baby not considered a human, despite the beating heart and brain waves and hands and feet, just because it can't live apart from it's mother?
Why, because the baby hasn't yet reached a certain stage, is it not considered a human? Wouldn't that be like killing a newborn because it can't yet walk or talk?
Weighing in on this debate has been hard, but I won't let my voice go unheard. I won't let them say "She did nothing."
I won't stand here and let the innocent be killed and not do anything.

5 comments:

Alyson Schroll said...

I am glad you are taking a stand. Those humans need people like you to stand up for them.

AmyB said...

Bless you, sweetheart! It's hard to take such a stand for the unborn but by God's grace He can give us the courage to do it. Not many people actually talk about this issue- most like to avoid it because of the controversy- afraid that they will lose followers or people looking at their blog or being their friend- but God COMMANDS us to "open your mouth for the mute" and for the rights of the unfortunate (Proverbs 31)... Thank you, thank you, thank you- on behalf of the unborn.

What a blessing to see this, sister, SUCH an encouragement to me!

Carrie said...

Hey there Miss Alisha! I'm BlueGonfalon on NaNoWriMo, the other Prolifer on the forum. :D I followed the link in your profile to find your blog.

I wanted you to know that I totally agree with everything you said in this post and everything on the thread. I'm pleased that there are other people willing to stand up for the rights of the baby in the womb.

Hosea 4:6 says, "My people perish from lack of knowledge." It's true. Women need to know that abortion is murder, and that there are other options. Thank you for standing for life.

Your sister in Christ,
BlueGonfalon

Melody Faith said...

Bless you! It is great to know you care also!

Melody Faith said...

I have been wanting to write a book about that too! Here is a post I wrote on my blog when we saved a baby from being killed:
http://kidsstuffnews.blogspot.com/2011/07/baby-saved-from-abortion.html