Monday, March 14, 2011

Quotes

One thing I love is quotes. I love that feeling when you find just the right quote, or when reading something that someone else said brings you encouragement or hope. So, recently, I've been looking up quotes and keeping some of my favorites in a word document. I want to share some of my favorite one's with you guys. Maybe they'll be what you need today

Maybe we’re not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful is recognizing what you have for what it is, appreciating small victories admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know and maybe we're thankful for the things we will never know. At the end of the day the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.

There comes a moment when it's more than just a game, and you either take that step forward or turn around and walk away. I could quit but here's the thing, I love the playing field.

It comes in waves. There's a lull and then another wave hits you. I just wanted you to know that it’s okay not to be fine sometimes.

Well, I'm going to get out of bed every morning...breathe in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breathe in and out....and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how great and perfect I had it once

You can't change who people are without destroying who they were

Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do, give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks, you got to fight like hell to make sure you're still alive. Because you are. And that pain you feel? That's life. The confusion and fear? That's there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better, & that something is worth fighting for.

We like to think we're fearless, eager to explore unknown lands and soak up new experiences, but the fact is, we're always terrified

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever

You should never take life too seriously - no one ever makes it out alive!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Ha, I really like the 4th last and the last one. Very true! Oh, and I got your letter.