Monday, March 7, 2011

The little things


Sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference in a day. Those little things that make you smile but don't really seem that big when you think back. Recently, I've started making a list before I go to bed of everything I was thankful for in that day. I come up with things like an amazing youth group who makes me laugh, grey's anatomy nights, that feeling of peace or love or joy or whatever I'm feeling that day, talking to my friends or comments from people that made my day. Before I started making my lists, I would think back over my day, but I wouldn't see those tiny details that made all the difference. I wouldn't think that I was so thankful for grey's anatomy because it was a break I needed and it gave me something to look forward to all day. I wouldn't think that what that person said to me at church made me smile. I would focus on everything bad that happened that day, like failing a test or getting bad news or having a fight with a friend. I'm realizing that the little things can have a big impact on my day. I'm thankful for those little things that make me smile and give me hope on a crappy day. The little things that give me hope every day reminds me of how blessed I really am. And when I start actually telling God that I am thankful for those things, things start to change. It's not all, today was so horrible. it turns into, today was horrible BUT I found hope in this or this made me smile and gave me the strength to keep going. It's in those little things where I find hope on a day where I just can't do it anymore.
So, here are some of the things I am thankful for on this fine day
1. pink pens
2. getting to show the new hosts the ropes, and being frozen by Jill so she could test out the buttons (SBW)
3. Lovely new Erynn Mangum books that make me laugh and cry all at the same time (Maybe I'll review one soon)
4. random conversations

ok, so that's just some of the things I am thankful for today. What are you thankful for today? What's giving you hope?

1 comment:

Alyson Schroll said...

I love how you look in the details. I am going to try doing that more.