Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just a lil' bit of what I've been writing recently

"I'm just saying, it's a lot harder to put a band-aid on a broken heart." Something flashed across her eyes and she opened her mouth, like she had something to say, then closed it again. "I don't care what Riley says about me. I... I know what a broken heart is. I know what's it's like to lose everything. I'm living with a freakin' brain tumor! Riley can't take anything from me. He has no power to make me who I am. He can say what He wants. BUt He can't DO anything to me. He has no power over me." For a minute, I saw Allie, the real Allie. I saw the Allie who is passionate and strong and beautiful and bold, outspoken and optinionated, courageous and brave. I saw the Allie who has to wake up each day facing the fact that there is a tumor invading her brain, stealing her life away from her. I saw the Allie who is fighting back. I leaned in, my lips only inches from hers. In one smooth move, she placed her hands on my chest and pushed, ducking under my arm and fleeing from the bathroom. I followed her out and found her in the entry, lacing up her shoes. "I really do have to go," She said. "But," She moved closer to me, "I love you and I'll call you tonight." She kissed my cheek and let herself out.

1 comment:

Alyson Schroll said...

I don't know if that is a real story or not, but I can relate to that. It is so hard to see friends go through something like that. My very good freind is battling Lupus, and it is extremely hard to see her hurting.