Friday, May 13, 2011

The End as I knew it ~ Bridgette

I can't find the words to talk today. Instead, Bridgette's gonna talk. This is the continuation of the first little intro piece I posted a few days ago, the begining of the end. So meet Bridgette.

Bridgette
It was 11:30pm. I was on the couch, watching a TV re-run of American Idol, eating popcorn. Mom was sitting in the chair, flipping through a magazine. Dad was in his office, going over some last minute details for work tomorrow. The knock came around 11:00pm. Mom set down her magazine and went to answer the door. I went back to my program, shrugging it off. Then I heard it, hysterical weeping. Dad and I reached the door at the same time. My mother collapsed into Daddy’s arms, wailing. “My baby!” I glanced up at the person who dared knock on the door at this time of night and give my mother the sort of news that would make her fall apart. It was a police officer, his eyes cast down. “What’s going on?” I screamed, getting worked up by my mother’s hysteria. “Bridgette, calm down!” My father ordered, holding up my mother where she had fallen limp. “No! I want to know what happened!” I was crying now, the emotion of everything getting to me. “Tell me what happened!” “Honey… they found Brooklyn.” The way my father said it made my heart sink. “What do you mean they found her? Did they bring her home? Is she waiting outside? Is she drunk or something?” “Bridgette, they found her body. She was murdered.” Before my father could finish his sentence I hit the floor. “Bridgette.” “Bridgette.” Everyone around me called my name. My mother stopped her crying long enough to look at me and utter my name. My father kept saying my name over and over again. The police officer just stood there awkwardly. I just laid there. The world floated over me, as if I was under water. This couldn’t be happening. It wasn’t. Everything was fine. Brooke would come bounding in the door in a few seconds, apologizing for being late, again. She couldn’t be dead. She just couldn’t be. Because I didn’t know how to exist in a world where my twin sister didn’t.

As always, comments would be appreciated.

No comments: