Friday, February 17, 2012

Paper Doll

If you are looking for a good devotional style book to read, check out Paper Doll by Natalie Lloyd. If you are not looking for a good devotional book but instead just an all around good book, check out Paper Doll by Natalie Lloyd. If you do not read, find someone and have them read to you Paper Doll by Natalie Lloyd.

I am now reading this book for a second time, and falling head over heels in love. Sentances upon sentances are highlighted, notes were made. This book isn't your average book (Even without the beautiful hot pink cover) and I say this in a good way.


Paperdoll is about what happens when an ordinary girl meets an extraordinary God. It is based off the passage in John about the Samaritian woman by the well who meets Jesus. I recieved this book as a gift from the author, the amazingly beautiful and wonderful Natalie Lloyd. It has been on my wish list for a while, and I was more then happy to devour each and every word. What I didn't expect, though, was to want to go to bed early so I could read more, and to have such strong emotions rise as I read this book. I went from crying to laughing to heartache to realizations in only a chapter. Natalie writes in a way that is relatable to young women, and in a way that touched my own heart. It isn't a preachy kind of devotional book either, and characters like Reese Witherspoon, Ashley Judd, Natalie's brother and her grandmother all appear in this book. There are go-go boots and sunrises and paintbrushes and movie references. This book has it all. I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars, and would encourage anyone and everyone who has ever struggled in any way (Which is all of us, right?) to go out and buy this book!

No comments: