Friday, February 3, 2012

7 Quick Takes ~ Volume 2



1. I hate that I'm resorting to doing another 7 quick takes this Friday. But considering it's been a week since I've posted and I've sat here for almost half an hour, staring at this blank screem, writing, erasing, writing some more, erasing again. I figured you all deserved a post since everything I've tried to write wasn't coming across like I wanted it to, I figured I'd do another 7 quick takes. I hope nobody minds.

2. Semester 2 started on Wednesday, and so far it's going really well. I'm very excited about my English class. I also have Math and Spanish this semester, and I'm looking forward to seeing what those classes are going to bring too.

3. I'm heading in for more tests on Monday, some ultrasounds and a bone scan. Wierd thing is, I think I hate ultrasounds the most out of all the medical tests I've had. I don't know why, but I do. So I am definatly not looking forward to that day. The day will start at 8:40am, another downer as I hate getting up early. On the plus side, I get to wear my pyjama's into town, and wear them ALL day, and I get lunch out. Ok, not very big plus sides to this not so fun situation, but I'm trying here.

4. I also started a medical journal this month. Basically, it's a journal, where I write down all my medical symptoms for a couple of weeks, and then we'll take it into the doctors so I can better explain what's going on and actually have documentation instead of just going "Uh..." and looking over at my mom. (Yes, I actually do that!) I started on the first, and almost have a whole page filled up, but looking back over these past few days it's been pretty symptom free. I'm not expecting that to last, though, and if it does I think I may need to pick another 2 weeks as this is pretty abnormal (To go days without every hour being plauged by symptoms. But I have had days before where I go for a stretch without lots of symptoms, and then it all comes back and sticks with me. So we'll see)

5. I started reading some Jodi Picoult books. I mentioned last week I was reading Handle with Care (Finished that, and loved it! Made me cry though...) and am now reading another one of her books I got from the library. Even though there are some questionable things in some of her books, I really love the way that they get me to think.

6. I've got another story on my mind. It was inspired by one of the wierdest things (aren't they all?) and the idea actually came to me from something my friend did (Though he probably has no idea he inspired a story... hehehe) and I can't get it out of my head. I've been googling baby names and the hours worked by a baker, and the process for child custody after a divorce... just incase I decide to write this story one day. I love it that I can text my friend and ask her which one of two names she likes better, and she'll tell me and not even question me on why I want to know. I love her for that, and cause she turned my main character into a red head!

7. I'm sort of glad I watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice when everyone else is in bed. I think they might think I'm a little bit insane as I make all these wierd noises. It's true, I can't turn my feelings into words so I sit in front of the TV and squeal and sigh and gasp. I can't even turn those weird noises into words, they're just noises that express feelings.

Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to get my thoughts out into coherent paragraphs :)

No comments: