Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thank you, Mama

Thank you, Mama, for giving me the greatest gift a mother can give.
Thank you for giving me the gift of life, for choosing to give life to and love your baby girl who isn't perfect or 'normal' but who is so grateful you said yes
Thank you for standing by me through all these long days as I wait for answers, for staying with me as nights were spent in hospitals
Thank you for teaching me that life is precious
You continued to say yes to life as we added another person to our family, and another, and another, until we finally were a group of 6
You taught me well. You taught me life is precious, whether healthy or sick, old or young
You could have done many things with your life, and yet you chose to spend your days here, building into my life and the lives of everyone in our family
You gave me a chance when the world said no.

I hope you have a special mother's day, mama. I love you and am so proud of you

No comments: