Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Next day Mac and Cheese

I don't usually share recipes, but I found this one today and kinda fell in love. I would have taken a picture but... I'm kinda already eating it!
I'm the kind of person who hates leftover mac and cheese. Instead of evenly spread cheese I get cheese globs, and that just doesn't work for me. So I found this recipe and thought I'd give it a try. This is for Next day Mac and Cheese, and let me tell you, it's amazing!

Ingredients

  • Leftover macaroni and cheese, refrigerated for at least a day (I'm pretty sure the stuff I used was in the fridge for longer then that)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 egg beaten with 2 ounces water
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs
  • Oil for deep frying

Directions

Cut refrigerated macaroni and cheese into slices or bite size pieces.
Season the flour with salt, pepper and cayenne. Dredge each piece through the flour and gently tap off excess. Dip in the egg wash and then coat with the bread crumbs. Allow them to rest for 5 minutes so the crust can set. Very carefully drop into the oil and fry until golden brown. Remove to a baking sheet fitted with a rack and rest for 2 minutes before serving.

This was so good! I've definatly found a new way to have leftover mac and cheese. I just fried mine in a pan with some oil. Also, I didn't use quite as much flour as they said to (I think I used half a cup and that was plenty)
Anyway, if you're looking for a way to have leftover mac and cheese, try this one!
Super quick, super easy and super yummy!
Happy eating!

No comments: