Friday, June 1, 2012

7 Quick Takes ~ Grateful Edition

In This season of life, I so often forget what I'm thankful for. It's getting harder and harder to choose joy and to take a moment in the chaos that has become my life and choose gratitude. So... here's my moment of gratitude...

1. I am grateful for the good news that came with the results of my friend's CT scan today. She's such an amazing person, and ever since I got the news that something was wrong and that she would need this test, I was covering her in prayer, so hearing this news today was such a blessing. I am so happy for her.
2. I'm thankful for emails from a friend that are always so full of hope and so inspiring to me. This woman is truly amazing, and I am grateful she takes time out of her day to send me these little bits of inspiration and hope. She is such an amazing woman of God, and I am so grateful I have her in my life.
3. I'm thankful for my math tutor, Melody, who is really wonderful at helping me understand all the complications that come along with high school math! Also, I just found out, the first assignment I got since working with her, I actually passed! *insert happy dance here*
4. I am thankful for my friend Sami (You can see some of her writings here and here) She's such an amazing person, and I am so grateful that I'm able to call her my friend. Very rarely in this life do you find people that actually get it, and Sami is one of those people that do get it. I don't know if there are any words to describe how much she means to me, but just so you know, Sami, I am so thankful for you!
5. A little idea spinning around, a passion shared that is looking like it's coming closer to finally being able to touch. I can't tell you a lot about it, but I am very excited...
6. For the long weekend, for resting and relaxing and breathing and reading blog posts that connect with you in ways that make you long for a place you've never been, and for the parade here tomorrow and for sunshine.
7. For memories and dreams of someone who is now heaven's angel. As much as it hurts to wake up and remember they're gone, it's a wonderful thing to remember, and to dream.

So there's my 7 moments of gratitude. I hope everybody has a great, grateful weekend!

No comments: