Friday, November 2, 2012

Quotes and an Awareness Video

Day 2: Find a Quote and Use it as Inspiration

I've been excited for this post, and also anxious. I love quotes, but really, how do I pick just one?
There are a lot of different quotes that mean a lot of different things to me. There are a lot of quotes, too, I'm finding i don't know how to explain what they mean to me. So instead of just writing a post about one quote, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites - the ones that mean a lot to me right now.

Be Brave Enough to Break Your Own Heart

The Secret Places of My Heart are often visited by Strangers

I am a wild thing. My Nest is gone. My Sanctuary is ripped out of order.

We grow attatched to our scars. I was attached to them. Maybe I still am.

She never belonged to me, but I always belonged to her.
(This is one of those ones that doesn't make a lot of sense. When I think of it, I think of it in reference to being undiagnosed. It never belonged to me, it was never mine. And yet, I always belonged to it. make sense? Or is it just in my head that that makes sense?)

It was a strange tingling that made her think of Phantom Limb Syndrome, but this tingling was rooted much deeper. She felt like parts of her soul were missing, had left her body long ago. It happened not 3 months ago in Greece, but long before that. It was in Greece she realized these parts had left her and were not coming back.
(I know I shared this one before, but I think it really does capture a lot of how I feel. I have been asked, "Oh, well you knew it was coming, so it can't be that bad, right?" And I want to tell them the same thing, nothing left me on September 10. I knew the diagnosis was coming. It was just on September 10 I realized what was missing, and that it was never coming back)


I also saw this video, today, and wanted to share.

Maybe it will help you understand just a little bit more about what life with Dysautonomia is like...

No comments: